Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

Leaves wilting after cuttings transplanted from perlite 2 soilmix

bonechickchris
13 years ago

Hello,

I know this may sound similar to a post already on here, but my leaf wilting is not from established cuttings like the other poster.

Actually, I had these cuttings in straight perlite cups and all were doing well. They rooted nicely and had a couple pairs of leaves. So I figured it was time to transplant them to larger containers, with some soil along with perlite (about 50/50)

Well, after doing this in the evening, I woke up in the morning (about 12 hours later) and the leaves on the newly transplanted cuttings were wilted and limp.

I do not think it is from too much water, because I never even got to water them yet, they were only in soil and perlite that I lightly moistened before planting.

I would assume that it is more from transplant/root shock?

The leaves do not seem like they are going to recover, so I assume the leaves affected will soon be falling off.

However, the cuttings are still alive (at the moment) and still have their green tips from which the orginal leaves emerged.

Is it possible that I will only lose the limp leaves, and the cutting will just continue on to produce more new leaves?

I was just curious how much of a survival my cuttings have after being affected from the transplant effects and losing some leaves.

Anything I should do to help save them?

Thanks! Christy

Comments (3)