Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnolia fig pics

Posted by rafed 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 3, 10 at 22:14

These pics were taken late summer 09.

Due to the summer we didn't have I was still lucky enough to get to taste a couple. I think if it was a little warmer and had they really ripen the way they needed to be then they would have been very great.

They grew to almost the size of a tennis ball and turned like amber in color outside and sort of goldish but hollow from the inside. Don't know if that's normal but we'll see again this summer and hope we do have a summer.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/rkinaia/DSC01424.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/rkinaia/DSC01421.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/rkinaia/DSC01422.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/rkinaia/DSC01423.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/rkinaia/DSC01429.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnolia fig pics

The tree looks great. I can't wait until I get some figs.

o

Nice pictures Rafed,

Bass

o

Bass,
Those are the same pics I sent you last year. Just need to know how you posted them. It's been my project all weekend. LOL

Rafed

o

Hi Rafed,
easy way to post here "IF" useing photobucket only is upload picture to photobucket.

once picture is uploaded put mouse cursor in that picture in your photobucket picture and then several different named codes will appear below it.

Copy and paste the HTML code Only here in your message , make sure you copy and paste the whole HTML Line.

click Preview Message to make sure as you should see it then in your message .
Hope that helps.
Martin

o

• Posted by mrhappy z8 - Austin, TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 12:56

Good idea - putting the rocks on the pots to keep the wind from blowing them over.

o

mrhappy,

I have a 25gl pot with the tree reaching about 6' or 7' tall and when it gets very hot the soil quickly dries up and makes the pot very light and tips over. I placed about 30lb. or 40lb. of rocks over the pot and it does help.

Rafed

o

Rafed,
I see that your Magnolia fig is kind of "weeping"
its branches...

o

George,

It is labeled as a Magnolia fig. I thought it was a Weeping/BLK Weeping till Bass corrected me last summer. I have lefted at that.

Hope someone can confirms its true indentity.

Martin,
I tried as you explained as for posting the pics and it worked.

Rafed

o

Hi Rafed,
glad it worked for you.
As you and others probably noticed over time im not really good at explaining things nor spelling stuff.
Seems i always leave something out when i type something and or put things in wrong order.
Oh well least i dont forget eat the figs !

o

Martin,

We are not perfect. Only God is.

The effort you put in is very good enough to me and I think to everyone else.
No complaints here my friend. Keep up the good work, You're an asset!

I'm having a short trip this time. Meaning I will be home in a week to work on the garden. Have to be home on Wednesday 14th for some personnel business and on the 18th it will be me and my wifes 17th year married. Don't have a dog but I will need a dog house if I miss this one so I just might take a week off to play it safe.

Rafed

o

Lovely looking plant Rafed, does it start to weep naturally or is it from the weight of the figs?

o

Nelson,

This is my third year with this cultivar.
Last year I used bamboo to hold the branches from the weight of the figs.

I am using a 1/2in.wide bamboo stick to hold the main stem from bending and it doesn't have any leaves yet.
The tree it self is about 4' tall but the main stem is no wider than 3/4in at the base.

The plant is unique and I love the way it looks.

Rafed

o

Rafed I agree it is definately a Unique plant I have a magnolia plant coming shortly maybe we can compare later on this season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here