Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cboyd1976

Please Help - new fig tree having issues

cboyd1976
10 years ago

Hello,

I purchased 2 celeste fig trees from my local nursery. They are still in their 1 gallon pots but I plan to transplant them within a few days to larger 20 gallon pots. I live in Dallas TX. Both plants are putting on fruit, which is pretty neat, but if removing the fruit will help the tree long term I'm fine with that for now since they are so young. My goal though is to keep them going in pots for the next few years, bringing them into my garage during winter then once they are bigger - plant them in my yard (we plan to buy a longer term home in a few years).

That said, one of them is experiencing yellowing of leaves that turn black around the edges and crumble away. The other looks fantastic.I have fertilized them once with some all purpose liquid plant food (Miracle Gro in the yellow bottle found at most Home Depots).

In the video below you'll see the tree having issues, then I move over to the tree that is doing well, then back to the problematic tree. Any advice / help will be greatly appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUsF4Hbyyyk

Thanks in advance for your time and please post if you have trouble viewing the video.

Comments (3)