Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
re introducing plant outdoor - advice please....!?

Posted by theman7676 none (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 11:10

I have a fig tree that is growing in a pot. it was kept indoor for few months now as it was too cold for the outdoors. in the menawhile, it had grown some new leafs, some new branches and it even had some fruits before (but these come off)

its nice out so i wanted to take it out. i understand it should be a slower process so i only wanted to expose it to the sun for couple of hours or so, however i already can see that some of the new leafs are wilting off......

any advice please.....should i just keep the plant indoors now that its already has leafs and new growth?

i dont want the sudden shock to have bad impact on the tree

thank you so much

- for my other tree, it had some leafs and lots of fruit on it while it was indoors during late winter / early spring however i guess it one point it got cooler around the house while we were away and now all leafs and fruit are long gone and plan looks dormant/ almost dead
should i put it outdoors as well - at this stage??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: re introducing plant outdoor - advice please....!?

I planted out one of a pair of 5 month old rooted cuttings about a month ago without hardening off. It lost 70% of its leaves (I think it got scalded by the sun too, although I put a chair over it as a canopy when I noticed it was unhappy) and I thought it was a goner, but today it finally put out new leaves. I presume this means it has settled in and will take off like a shot now. So, I would keep easing yours towards the sun...maybe figs drop leaves easily in protest? I don't have enough experience to know, but that's my suspicion.

o
RE: re introducing plant outdoor - advice please....!?

thank you for the reply. i actually noticed the next day that my plant seem fine and even the leafs/branches that were wilting off are just fine now
i do however have few leafs that are getting yellowish tones on them....not sure if that has anything to do with hardening the plant or not....!?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here