Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All I think about is figs!

Posted by figeater (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 13:59

This year I just want to get ONE ripe fig. That's all I ask. Last year was a disaster.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All I think about is figs!

yeah well I'm almost as bad, or maybe worse, except I'm married, so ummm.... my wife might have a slight problem with me making a statement such as "All I think about is figs", but I do think about them a lot. Except I know I won't be satisfied with one fig. No way Jose... I plan to eat as many as I can and I don't feel guilty about that either. That means getting them from other people's trees since mine are probably only going to produce maybe a few dozen.
Sounds like you should move south. There are several fig trees around town here (Phoenix) that nobody ever picks, the birds end up eating most of them and they fall on the ground. So finding ripe figs here is not hard at all. I wish I could send you my first fig that just ripened.

o
RE: All I think about is figs!

When I get too many figs to eat I dehydrate them as they store better if you are going to can or make jams.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here