Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Fig tree cutting

Posted by Tkbikes Mi (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 15:10

My fig tree died a few years back - it was very old, over 6 ft tall & I could not bury if for the winter due to a back injury. I would love to start a new one. Would anyone be willing to spare a cutting?

I would be happy to pay or trade something. I am in the Detroit area.

thanks,
Terri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Fig tree cutting

Just registered with GW today asking for cuttings ?
Well to help here is a elderly man with an ailing wife that sells fig plants at a reasonable cost.
You can call him and if he does not answer call him back he may be out and about or taking care of his spouse.

This is the 2011 inventory of the trees that Mr. Robin has for sale. If you are looking for other varieties that is not listed on this list please just call and ask him. He does have some other varieties. Last weekend I met him at his house and bought few plants from him, all looking healthy and growing very well. While I was there I pulled out many of his trees out of the pot and inscpected their roots for RNK, I found NON.
I don't gain anything from his sale. He's wife Miss. Betty is really sick and his sale would him out a little.

Mr. James Robin's phone number: 337-407-0188.

White figs:

Alma
Champagne
Condria/Verone hybrid
Dottato/Kadota
Galbun
LSU Gold
LSU Hollier
LSU Everbearing
Magnolia/Brunswick
Marseilles/Lemon/Lattarula
Italian Honey
Scott's yellow
Mary lane/Jelly (Seedless variety)
Ventura/Strawberry
Verte/ Green Ischia

Black Figs:

Black Mission/Francascan/Mission
**LSU Yellow (Brandy)
Brown Turkey
Celeste
Blue Celeste
Hardy Chicago
Hunt
LSU Purple
O'Rourke
Scott's Black
Tiger
Negronne/VDB

I believe he can ship to any states. If you have any questions please just give him a call, he is a pleasant person to talk to.

o

That is so nice of you, Dieseler.
Fig elders deserve to be remembered at time of need.

o

Gee Martin, you were here in La. last week end. If I would have known that I might have made arrangements to meet up with you if that would have been alright with you. It would have been my pleasure to drive over and chat a while and meet you face to face.
"gene"

o

No no .
Sorry i was just copying and pasting what JR has from another posting.

I forgot to leave out the other part.

I never been to La.

Martin

o

Ok now I see, man I thought I had missed out on an opportunity to meet you. I agree with ottawan, nice to funnel what help we can to James aka JR. Miss Betty is on a downhill slide and poor JR isn't getting any younger to handle all that.
"gene"

o

Terri, I have some extra trees but they are small. I am not sure if I have anything that will do well in your area. If I do I will be glad to give you some. E-mail me, J.A.

o

Hi Terri,
I'm from Clinton twp. Mi.Welcome to the forum.I can share cuttings with you in the fall.Here are some nurseries near by that carry figs.Joe randazzos nursery they have black mission,blackjack,brown turkey,and some white figs in five gallons for 39.99.Lowes on 15 n gratiot has hardy Chicago in one gallon for 9.98.Hessels greenhouse on 23 mile between Hayes and schonner they have celeste and brown turkey for 39.99 5 gallon big plants.Try also Tellys between 16 n 17mile an john r.Hope this helps.
Robert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here