Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rusty colored spots/blotches on Celeste fig leaves

Posted by centexgardengirl 8b (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 16:21

Hello everbody, my Celeste fig tree was looking great setting fruit and no problems. The leaves looked healthy and lush. Hadnt looked at it in a coupl of days (ankle surgery) now most of the leaves have these brown rusty spots on them. Yikes!! What is it and is is treatable? Thanks for ur help! Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rusty colored spots/blotches on Celeste fig leaves

It's probably "Rust". Certain types of trees are more prone to it than others. The tree looks bad but it doesn't kill it. The infected leaves will eventually fall off. Rust usually affects my trees in the Fall. There is something you can spray on it but for the life of me I can't think of what it's called. If you ask at the garden section at Lowe's I'm sure they will know what it is.

o

The spray name is COPPER

o

Thanks guys! Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here