Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black spots on immature figs

Posted by gardenang7 TX (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 17:31

I have black spots on almost all of my immature figs. I couldn't get a good focused picture, but I posted a pic also. The weather has been very strange here in Houston. It was an extremely windy late winter, early spring. As of last week it was down into the 40s, but this week it is back in the 80s. I don't know if the various temperatures or the wind has caused this or is there some disease? Please help. Also, does this mean that these figs are not any good? THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black spots on immature figs

I have one Chicago hardy tree which developed one orphan fig and has a black spot on it. My other varieties are fine. That tree was in the greenhouse and I got it out in April I am blaming I did not harden it enough. Or it could be some fungus I sprayed copper. The other highly unlikely reason is the OFM which infects stone fruit now infecting figs too. The black spots on your figs and on my fig looks like OFM infection I pray to the good Lord that I am wrong.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here