Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fig started fruiting indoors, now dropped all fruit

Posted by nitsuj none (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 20:28

I moved my fig indoors when we had a cold streak here in Portland. Left it downstairs and it started to leaf and fruit. However, the leaves/fruit all fell off within 30 days. Now that it's outdoors (and looks how most figs around here do now, dormant) is there anything I can do so that it'll refruit or am I hosed for this growing season?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fig started fruiting indoors, now dropped all fruit

It probably just lost the brebas. Unless you have a desert king you'll have a main season crop. Also if your tree is younger this is normal. younger trees commonly drop figs. Hope thats helpful.

o
RE: Fig started fruiting indoors, now dropped all fruit

Thanks for the response. Just searched for what breba was and it was all growing on old wood. Moved the fig outdoors now and gave it a little fertilizer, looks like new shoots are starting up so we'll see what happens...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here