Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Progress

Posted by rafed 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 21:43

Took my figs out of the garage today ( again ).
Hope this was the last time I had to take them inside till Thanksgiving. I'm still sore from taking them inside last week.
There was little frost damage on the leaves but they should bounce back.
From this point on they're on their own. Just hope there are no more frosty nights.

This is a sample of my fig collection, I hope you enjoy.

Genovese Nero
Genovese Nero

Misc potted
Misc

Melanzana Merdascola
Melanzana Merdascola

Peters Honey
Peters Honey

Magnolia
Magnolia

St. Anthony
St Anthony

Capelas
Capelas

Gosh
Gosh

Sequoia, Stella, Galbun, Drap D' Or, Afghan A
Misc

Unk Ischia
Unk Ischia

Catanzoro
Catanzoro

I will post more in the coming weeks, Just hope the weather will cooperate.

Rafed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Progress

Hey Rafed thanks for sharing the photos of your trees with us. We also can share with sore backs as well. Looks like you did an outstanding job getting all those different fig varieties to take root.

I hope all of us have a very good fig year this time so we can enjoy shall I say the fruits of our labor.
Good luck with them.
Take care.
Lou

o

Lou,
All these pictured with the exception to the 1gl on the 2nd picture were already potted when I optained them. Therefore I can't take all the credit. LOL

The Capelas, Gosh, Melanzana Merdascola and Genovese Nero were recently obtained from Adriano.

Thank you,
Rafed

o

Just potted some cuttings today.
I potted up two Enricos, Vicenzo and Nardi Black. All of which I got from Paul.
I also potted my Iraqi fig, I put it into a 1gl. and then placed it in a larger pot and filled with mulch to make it look full.
Planted my Kiwis and mt Night Blooming Jasmines as well.

Things are starting to take shape.
When I return from my trip I plan on adding some hanging baskets in the yard.

Rafed

o

Thought I'd take some pics and share with everyone to enjoy.
These were just taken.

Sals Corleone
sals c

Celeste
celeste

Unknown Ischia
unk ischia

Magnolia
magnolia

Black Triana
black triana

Figs from Willis Orchard

figs from willis orchard

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thompson seedless
thompson seedless

Hope you enjoyed them

Rafed

o

Rafed, very impressive, very impressive indeed! Awesome show of beautiful figs! You got some beautiful rare ones. Wish I had them. How bout those figs! Dennis

o

Rafed! What gorgeous roses! Beautiful colors.

The magnolia fig looks like it has some odd growth patterns. Do they all look like they are upside down, like weeping figs? I like that one.

Vivian

o

Vivian,

The Magnolia does appear to be an odd growing fig. Similar to the Weeping. I use garden stakes to hold the main stem from bending/folding. I also use bamboo sticks to hold the branches and keep them from breaking from the weight of the figs. The fruit gets large when it ripens. I was lucky enough to taste a few last year but most of them went to waste because we really didn't have a summer.

I will keep posting the pics throughout the summer.

Dennis, Wait till late June or early July. That's when everything is in full bloom. I think you're going to love it.

Rafed

o

The season has shifted another gear and all looks well.
My fig trees look great and I have many Many figlets and I can't wait!
And Yes, With the help from Bass I was able to add more variants to my collection. Thank you Bass.

Here are some pics I'd like to share with everyone.

Celeste
celeste

Ischia
ischia

Magnolia
magnolia

VBD
vbd

Misc
misc

Sals Corleone
sals c

Peter Honey figlets
peter honey figlet

o

Very nice indeed.

Dan

o

Dan,

I just remembered,
Just ordered the Big Jim Loquat ( 1gl ).

Will keep you posted on this one.

Rafed

o

Thanks.

FYI, McBeth is another "large fruit" variety Loquat. LSU is now recommending both McBeth and Big Jim for our area. Maybe one day they will be easy to find at local nurseries.

Dan

o

Hi Rafed,
its always a pleasure to see your fig plants and there progress. Thanks for posting them.
Martin

o

Very nice Rafed always nice to see your pictures and how beautiful your grounds and figs are
Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here