Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
archerfig

Fig tree leaves curling up

ArcherFig
10 years ago

Hello,

I've kept this small fig tree (40cm height) indoor, in a relatively small pot for 2 years. I've decided to repot it in a larger pot in order for it to grow (the roots were circling around the circumference of the small pot), and as well to get rid of small insects that were in the soil (probably due to soil humidity).

So I shook off all the soil from the root ball, and replanted it carefully in a bigger pot (about 2 to 3 times the volume of the small one) with new soil and a bit of fertilizer. I watered the new soil abundantly, but not so that water comes out of the pot holes at the bottom.

However, the next day, the few leaves it has (2-3 weeks old leaves... the plant just started waking up from winter) started curling up. It been 2 days now since I re potted and the leaves are still curling up and look limp, but none have fallen so far. The soil on top is still humidí.

From my searches on internet, it seems like both overwatering and underwatering can cause leaves to curl up, so that was not very helpful. Hopefully someone here can give me good hints on what I should do to save my fig tree.

Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored