Roja (Mallorca)
Roja (Mallorca)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roja (Mallorca)

• Posted by noss Zone 9 Lafayette (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 28, 11 at 3:24

Hello Leon,

How does this fig taste? Looks good. Is it easy, or hard to grow? Open, or closed eye?

Thanks,

noss

o

a hat trick! nice!!

o

That is nice looking fig.
Thanks Leon for the pictures.
Martin

o

This particular fig has an interesting history. I obtained cuttings from a well known resident of Mallorca several years back. As a boy, he would collect these Roja figs with his grandmother to supply venders in the Palma market.
Condit describes this variety accurately in his Monograph. I was surprised by the fine flavor of this fig. This is the very first fig my small tree produced. I would think they get larger. The small eye, the meaty texture, and the level of sweetness and flavor of this fig looks very promising. I'll keep the forum posted.

o

• Posted by gorgi z6b_NJ (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 28, 11 at 12:42

Leon,
My congrats.
Keep them new (exotic) figs coming...

o

That's a nice looking fig. Do you know if this was a breba or main crop?

Bass

o

It is the breba. What's consistent about the date of this fig is that the donor informed me that the first figs start to ripen about June 24th in Mallorca.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here