Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladygabe

Peters Honey

ladygabe
13 years ago

Anyone have a peters honey they are looking to sell? I will be on my was down to Henrico NC next month. SO if someone lives along 95 somewhere and is willing to sell please let me know. Im also still looking for a Celeste and a Marseilles.

Thanks!!

~M

Comments (15)

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    13 years ago

M, why are you looking for Peter's HOney? I'm just curious. I have only one that died to the ground but is growing back now. It is not for sale. Are you looking for the yellow Marseille or the Marseilles VS Black? Again, just curious. Dennis

• ladygabe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dennis, this is what my grandmother had in the house when my Mom was growing up. Its a gift for my mother.

I would take either marseilles or both. Figs are very hard to come by fresh here in NJ. So the whole family will benefit from my mini-orchard :-)

I also want a Celeste in some form. Chances are I will not stop there. I have a few acres I can fill up :-) I grow a variety of veggies, but Im light on fruits.

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    13 years ago

Ladygabe, that would be an awesome gift. There are quite a few members on this forum that live in NJ and PA. I hope they will read this thread and chime in. Good luck on your search. Cheers, Dennis

• ladygabe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Dennis. If I don't find one this summer Ill just order one to be delivered next spring.

~M

• jerseyphresh
    13 years ago

I live in central NJ and have a 2 year old Peters Honey in a pot I could let go... Ladygabe, e-mail me

christopher.calderone@gmail.com

• ladygabe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I replied to that email and was told I had the wrong address???

• jerseyphresh
    13 years ago

Sorry ladygabe! I don't what is going on with my e-mail... Try me at

christopher.calderone@sbschools.org

• northeastnewbie
    13 years ago

ladygabe I have rooted cuttings email me for information I am in gloucester county new jersey..

rheyco@comcast.net

• ladygabe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

NENewbie. Thank you so much for your offer. But I'm looking for mature trees. I don't know the first thing about cuttings and am afraid I'd kill it for sure!

What town are you in? Do you have any other plants to sell?

~M

• northeastnewbie
    13 years ago

I am in Mullica hill I have rooted cuttings that are new trees. by the fall they will be over three feet tall. I have rooted cuttings from last year producing figs this year. My trees are container trees and placed inside storage during cold winter months. You can buy mature trees on ebay a 5 gal tree can be two years old. a 15 gal tree can be two or three years old. I have seen 6 year old trees in 30 gal containers that are over 15 ft high and 15 ft wide producing 100's of figs..It depends on how you prune them and what your intended purpose of the tree is.

• malusmaven
    13 years ago

Saw a few large Peters honey plant's at my local nursery today just over the border in New york. Bit pricey but nice.

• ladygabe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Little (well, a lot) too far malusmaven, but thanks!

~M

• jerseyphresh
    13 years ago

I haven't received any e-mail from Ladygabe. I wasn't even planning on selling it, I was going to pass it on as a gift. I got the mother plant from James on this forum (great guy). It will go to another home if I don't hear from lady gabe by the end of the week. Also, both of my e-mails are working fine. - Chris (I'm in Mercer county, NJ right off of 95)

• ladygabe
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is very kind of you Chris. But Mercer is quite a hike. I'm in Gloucester.

Can't say what happened with the first attempt at email. But this is the last week of school for my kids and its been crazy with class trips and school activities, so I have not tried to email back. It was on my "to do" list.

Thanks anyway :-) I would have loved it. Just don't have the time to drive quite that far.

~M

• organic_aer1
    13 years ago

Hi Chris
    Send me a private e-mail and i can pick up the plant your are willing to give.
    Al
    smiles4allages@comcast.net

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor