Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Galbun fig

Posted by fredfig 7b..N.C. (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 11:10

This morning, I found a 3/4 foot potted ,Galbun/Galburn,
Yellow fig ,that a farm started from the mother tree.
The lady says they are sweet and good (common remarks).
Does anyone grow these and are they hardy and good figs for inground site. Thanks, Fred

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Galbun fig

If it was me I would find out where that farm is and go check it out. Talk to the grower. See what their trees look like, and eat a couple of figs to see if you even like them.

I have several "unknowns" in pots and in the ground now myself. If I don't like the fruit I will have wasted time and money on them. That's something you may want to consider.

Or you can just plant it and see what happens.

Dave

o

Dave.. Thanks! You are correct. Their place is about 20 minutes away. I will take your advice and go look ! Fred

o

hello fredfig
I live in Bastrop Texas, I have a Galbun fig tree that is about seven years old is a large tree about 15 ft wide and i keep it topped so i can reach the figs.the figs are green/yellow and large when ripe some about 2to2 1/2 inches across the center and very sweet and good. My tree produced about sixty lbs of figs last year and put them in fig preserves, The Galbun and Conadria figs are very close to size and taste in my area.

o

• Posted by mrhappy z8 - Austin, TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 6, 10 at 22:38

figman1947,
If your galbun does not have fig mosaic virus I'd be interested in helping you clean up the mess the next time you need to top that fig tree. Give me an hour to get there.
mrhappy

o

Mrhappy i sent you an email

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here