Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newer Ronde De Bordeaux

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 3, 10 at 12:17

Here is replacement i had purchased (thanks Bass)in case the other Ronde did not make it.
I will have an easy time makeing this plant into a little tree type look the way i tend to favor them in containers. Soon it will be topped.
Photobucket
Martin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newer Ronde De Bordeaux

Share more of your fig tree pics please. I really want to turn my fig into a tree too...but for now I might want more branches so I can get more figs...hehehe. But I love looking at the trees. I've been looking at my figs everyday hoping to find the flowers. Still no sign yet....maybe late June? I have the Ronde also. It's getting pretty big and I just pot it up again.

o

Martin,
What do you mean soon it will be topped?

cherri, if your tree is just growing tall with no branches, you can pinch the top and eventually it will start branching out.

o

Hi Bonsaist hope things are well with you and family.

soon it will be topped (level off)
At certain height i cut the top.

Pinch is what i do to side branches to send energy to figs on it.
Prune is when i cut the unwanted branches all the way back to wear they started.
Just expressions i use. ; )
Martin

o

Hi Bass. There are a couple branches on my ronde and brooklyn dark. I just topped the ronde tallest branch so it will grow more branches. I also just pot it up to a larger pot. All my figs are doing well. I think I might get some figs this summer too. Bass...you need to share some pictures with us on all your potted figs....lol

o

• Posted by noss 9 Lafayette, LA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 4:50

Hi All,

I pinched out the top of one of the tips of my Smith baby because it was growing faster than the tip I wanted to be the tallest. It recently started growing the tip I pinched again! Looks like there's no stopping it. How do you stop something like that? Just keep pinching it?

Thanks,

noss

o

Yes you can keep cutting them or any others if you wish to keep tree the size and shape you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here