Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loslunasfarms

Rooted Logs

loslunasfarms
13 years ago

This is my Socorro Black, I rooted a log!

Comments (13)

• fatnsassytexan
    13 years ago

Hi Jose', that is awesome. What did you root it in? Cute Kids! Tim

• genecolin
    13 years ago

Jose, that's quite a crew you have there, they look ready, willing and able. A very nice start to that cutting. While I was in CA last week I visited Sue V. and she showed me several large cuttings she was rooting in a large bag. They were about 2' long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter and had root initials on them. Thanks for the nice pictures.
    From the bayou,
    "gene"

• loslunasfarms
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tim,

I used just regular cheap SuperSoil potting mix. The cuttings were kept outside so drying out was more of a problem than excessive H2).

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    13 years ago

Jose, you have mail! Dennis

• danab_z9_la
    13 years ago

Jose,

I've come to the conclusion that you can root any piece of fig wood. Nice to see your cute future fig pickers. They sure seem to be happy helping out in the orchard.

Thanks for telling us about that UPM. That stuff rooted a two by four stud to my shed when some of the bag contents spilled onto it!!.......on the other hand, maybe I just dreamed about that (a rooting nightmare so to speak) after viewing your MONSTER ROOTS thread again.

Dan

• noss
    13 years ago

LOL Dan! Talk about a Cajun tall tale..... ;)

Vivian

• gorgi
    13 years ago

Jose,
    You are doing great!
    Nice family (most important).
    Plenty of figs and land...
    My congrats.

• genecolin
    13 years ago

Now Dan.............

"gene"

• fatnsassytexan
    13 years ago

I'm gonna try to root some 2x4's in my shed. I could use some more storage,lol. Tim

• giants_2007
    13 years ago

I think I'll try some UPM on me head and see if hair roots grow ;)

• danab_z9_la
    13 years ago

I've been busy selling watermelons with two of grandsons the last couple of weeks. I have two others that are a little to young to come along with us.......lots of tears from them when they realize that they can't come with us. Maybe I will put some UPM in their shoes so that they grow enough to make it with us on the next load. My old pepeire (gandpa) use to tell me that I had to walk in the chicken coop and that would make me grow tall......it eventually worked.

I know the pleasure Jose is having with his kids......I have so much fun with my 4 grandsons and hope that they learn to love figs as much as I do. One for sure looks like he will be fignut. HIs favorite fig from last year was Robin's Sicilian Black and the year before it was LSU Purple.

Dan

• rafed
    13 years ago

Nice to see the little ones getting involved. Teach them while they're young.
    Had my five year son Anthony helping me earlier today. The girls aren't into it.

Jose,
    I was in your neck of the woods last week.
    I stopped at the truck stop in Milan, N.M. when an Indian ( I think Hopi Nation )came to my truck and sold me a hand made Bow and Arrow. Nice looking art work.

• george_k
    13 years ago

Is it possible to get some cuttings of the socorro black

George

My email is:

george_koulouris@hotmail.com