Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eden_13

fig tree identification

eden-13
11 years ago

Hi guys. If someone can help me identify this fig trees. I have 4 trees on my property and i have no idea what variety are they.

Comments (24)

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

tree #2

• noss
    11 years ago

Those sure are pretty trees. Are the other two the same as these?

I can't help you identifying them, sorry.

noss

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

HERE IS SOME MORE PIX

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ONE MORE

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ONE MORE

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

inside fruit

• herman2_gw
    11 years ago

Celeste

• gorgi
    11 years ago

Celeste.

• noss
    11 years ago

That last picture looks like a Celeste, but what are the others, Herman and Gorgi? They are more round and flatter and they all sure look good.

The ones that start off very round and yellow/green has leaves that are single-lobe-looking from what I can see.

Eden, It would help if you would number your trees and then make reference to them by their numbers so we will know which is which. Are the four trees each different, or are there more than one of each? If you have a Celeste, which it looks like you have, it's not one that has leaves like the tree in the first photo.

Please describe the figs you get from the tree in the first picture so we'll have an idea, at least.

Also, are all the leaves on the tree with the figs that are more round all single-lobed, or are there other shapes, as well. All I can make out are single-lobed leaves.

Are all the figs dark figs, or do you have any that are green/yellow when they're ripe?

This is very interesting.

Thanks,

noss

• budbackeast
    11 years ago

Hello eden-13,

The pic with all the figs on the branches, and the container of figs tells me that you are living right. The trees look healthy and the fruit is attractive indeed.

My question: how old are the trees?

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

These are beautiful trees and delicious figs. Yumyum.

• herman2_gw
    11 years ago

The first pix,more likely Brown Turkey,the white fig is Kadota

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi guys thanks for the positive comments. I have 11 trees, 11 fig of the 5 different varieties. I have a B Turkey, but it is not in these pictures, B Turkey is around 30 years old and the other around 11-12 years old. I'll take pictures with mature fig fruits and leaves, and post them here. Last pictures is of 12 year for figs with yellow fruit in the second picture. Some one told me this is Kadota fig but i will like to be sure. Fig on the first picture is only main crop of dark (purple)figs and mature in October here in Georgia. Thank you all

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Some tree little closer like on second picture from the top with yellow figs.

• iitm70
    11 years ago

My mouth waters at the sight of your figs. Congratulations!

• eden-13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you.

• scoutn2
    11 years ago

Hi , I bought a rooted cutting seveal years back and I still dont vknow what it is VDB or RDB ? Can anyone help ?

• sikovasiliko
    10 years ago

hi was wondering if anyone can tell me what fig tree I got here are the pics..thanks sv

• sikovasiliko
    10 years ago

hi was wondering if anyone can tell me what fig tree I got here are the pics..thanks sv

{{!gwi}}

• sikovasiliko
    10 years ago

• sikovasiliko
    10 years ago

this the fig that goes with the leaf

• mermaids777
    10 years ago

Hello, anyone know what kind of fig tree this is? I found three different leaves on the same tree. Thank you

• mermaids777
    10 years ago

Here is the inside of one. Thank you

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus