Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fig trees looking for a good home

Posted by parkwood1 z10 nCA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 18:57

for people living in (or visiting) the San Franisco Bay area and willing to come by and pick them up. Some fig cuttings were successful rooters so I have too many and they need a good home.
A good home means you will take care of it...not because you want a fig tree and can get if for free...
Sorry, I'm too lazy to package them and send them across country plus the cost of shipping is not worth your while!
Most are in small 4-8 inch pots, well rooted.
Varieties include:
1. Chico strawberry (thanks Sue! I got a bunch of these to root)
2. Sal's (EL)
3. Igo
4. Montreuse
5. Black jack
6. Armenian
7. Mission (?) unknown from Garin regional park with rave reviews from a forum poster who forages there
8. Some unknowns from an unreliable forum trade...
9. jurupa, white adriatic, and a few others...
Email me if you're interested.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fig trees looking for a good home

Hi there! I live just south of SF, by the airport. I'd love to give a fig tree a new home in my garden. I'd be interested in either Chico Strawberry or Black Jack. My email is superduke81@yahoo.com
Please let me know if I'm lucky enough to have one of these. Many thanks!

o

i know you said you are lazy but if you are up to package them and ship, bare root (with some wet paper towel and plastic bug on the roots part), i would love to have few of them and will be glad to pay for shipping
i am in ontario canada

elevary@hotmail.com

thank you

o

I would pay for the trees and shipping also. Thanks Frank

o

Duke, you're in luck as you live close by. I've sent you an email.
As for those who live in other parts of the country, I'm sorry. I've shipped live fig plants in gallon containers all the way to Maryland which took very careful packaging and the right size box. Parcel post was the cheapest and it still cost about $10 for one plant a few years ago. With gas prices as they are, I'm sure the cost has gone up.
You guys should come to sunny California and visit San Francisco...bring home some nice memories and some fig plants to boot...

o

Thank you, you have mail.

o

Wondering if you received my email, the GW system has failed before.
I would be happy to bring which ever small fig you wish to donate to the annual plant sale organized by the California Rare Fruit Growers, Redwood chapter.
I am also interested in giving some TLC to a couple figs as well.
This event is held at the Santa Rosa farmer's market , Saturday, July 16 from 8 to noon in the parking lot of the Veteran's building on Maple Avenue across from the entrance to the fairgrounds.
Thank you,

o

Ficus,
You can send me an email at mark.khoo@csueastbay.edu
You just gave me an idea about donating back to CRFG. I originally got most of my cuttings from CRFG Santa Clara and will try them first. I brought a pile of VDB cuttings last year to their scion exchange and lo and behold no one else brought that variety so it was nice to give back. You're welcome to any you would like for yourself in the meantime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here