Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Figs picked today

Posted by genecolin Zone 9, LA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 10 at 21:12

These are Celeste figs I picked today from an in ground tree that up to this year only made marble size figs. Very nice and tasty this year.

OH Celeste

OH Celeste

This is what happens when you don't get home early enough.

OH Celeste

Celeste top, Improved Celeste bottom (Imp. Celeste first fig on 1 yr. old tree)

Imp. Celeste / OH Celeste

Imp. Celeste / OH Celeste

Hope you enjoyed,
"gene"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Figs picked today

Gene,

Hope you and Linda each had a glass of wine while you snacked on them figs.

Rafed

o

very nice indeed.

Dan

o

Sorry Rafed, these were eaten slowly all by themselves. It was great to get that wonderful fig taste from one fig and then another and then another. All too soon, they were gone.
"gene"

o

Gene,

I am glad you are getting to eat a few tasty celeste. I ate about 10 today myself. So far the ones I have eaten have been holding up ok in all of this rain, but it needs to stop soon. This is a bad week for this kind of weather. Talk to you soon.
Jeff

o

Glad to hear you"re eating some also Jeff. Sorry I had to cut our conversation short the other day. My Supervisor's Supervisor took me to Office Depot to pick up a printer. At first when we were talking we were in the store but when we got into the car I had to cut it short. Anyway give me a call when you get a break. I did an inventory in the rain yesterday afternoon. I had Linda inside the shed taking notes while I went through the trees to check them. Those you brought me the other day all look great.
"gene"
"gene"

o

Its nice to see pictures of beautiful plants and now some ripe figs in Florida and Louisiana from members ( thanks for the tease !) Keep em coming please.

Than later in season its my turn shoot i can wait though because then cold will be right around corner.

Martin

o

Martin, I wished I had a pail full to tease you with. A medium size Celeste tree will give us 1 to 2 gallons a day of figs easily down here. I'm looking forward to seeing some of yours. I have quite a few varieties started and looking for early season figs, middle season figs and late season figs. That way I can have figs from Spring to Fall.
From the very wet bayou,
"gene"

o
Mayhaw

Attention Louisanna boys!

Years ago, my ex's uncle's wife, in DeRitter, LA served us some Mayhaw jelly. OMG!! Amazing.

This is off topic, but you are all down there in LA, and could one of you send me some seeds, or a plant or something of the Mayhaw? We grow the best dates in the world here! I'll trade ya! I want those trees!! They will grow here. I'll make sure they get water! I'll put them on the vineyard drip system. Please?? Pretty Please??

Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here