Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fig Cuttings?

Posted by habib90b Maryland (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 23:57

Hello everyone, actually I just bought my first Fig tree (brown turkey) and as many others have experienced, now I am addicted. I was wondering if anyone out there has any extra Fig cuttings lying around that would be Hardy in my zone (7a). I've been looking around online, but they are pretty expensive, and from what I've read on these forums many people here have many many plants. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fig Cuttings?

Habib,

It is kind of the wrong time of the year to get many offers. If you try in the fall you will do better.

o

Thanks for letting me know, I guess that kinda shows my knowledge of figs. Anyway i'll deff try later on in the fall.

o

People do have some now like you see on ebay but they took the cuttings while the plants were dormant and refrigerated them to sell later.

o

I have overpruned my trees this year

This post was edited by patriota on Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 23:17

o

I have some Black Marseille VS and Brooklyn White cuttings

o

I have celeste cuttings that I can trade for brown turkey. I am in N. VA, probably not far from you.

o

Hi
I have a dark purple Italian fig that is hardy in my zone 7a. Let me know, I have a bunch of freshly cut cuttings
Coop

o

Coop can you spare some cuttings for shipping?
Tim

o

Hey guys, my email is habib90b@yahoo.com.
let me know were you guys are and i'll come to you! for the cuttings (as long as your in Maryland (limited going to the north, lol) I can make it to North VA but I dont have ANY cuttings. I ordered a HUGE LOT from UC DAVIS, but havent recieved anything yet. All I have in terms of seeds are Hot peppers, the really hot ones. I'm starting figs this year so thats why I dont have any.

OR, you can text me -443-374-8424
I wont pick up calls but I will return texts
Thanks in Advance guys!!!

o

Habib, what exactly did you order from UC DAVIS? I have alot of seeds from FEDCO that I can trade if you get some interesting figs in March. My FEDCO seeds are in the package, crop of 2012

o

3 PI 616681 - COR - Fragaria x ananassa
4 PI 618169 - COR - Vaccinium virgatum
5 DFIC 1 - DAV - Ficus carica
6 DFIC 2 - DAV - Ficus carica
7 DFIC 12 - DAV - Ficus carica
8 DFIC 17 - DAV - Ficus carica
9 DFIC 26 - DAV - Ficus carica
10 DFIC 30 - DAV - Ficus carica
11 DFIC 31 - DAV - Ficus carica
12 DFIC 32 - DAV - Ficus carica
13 DFIC 34 - DAV - Ficus carica
14 DFIC 46 - DAV - Ficus carica
15 DFIC 50 - DAV - Ficus carica
16 DFIC 52 - DAV - Ficus carica
17 DFIC 63 - DAV - Ficus carica
18 DFIC 66 - DAV - Ficus carica
19 DFIC 69 - DAV - Ficus carica
20 DFIC 73 - DAV - Ficus carica
21 DFIC 74 - DAV - Ficus carica
22 DFIC 80 - DAV - Ficus carica
23 DFIC 84 - DAV - Ficus carica
24 DFIC 153 - DAV - Ficus carica

haha, yea i dont have the exact names for these, but I will look them up on UC davis' website when i get the chance. yep, hopefully they come through with at least SOME of these.

o

Well, I will trade cucumber seeds, cabbage seeds, and kale including nero and lacinato for the following:
5 DFIC 1 - DAV - Ficus carica

8 DFIC 17 - DAV - Ficus carica

11 DFIC 31 - DAV - Ficus carica
12 DFIC 32 - DAV - Ficus carica
13 DFIC 34 - DAV - Ficus carica
14 DFIC 46 - DAV - Ficus carica
15 DFIC 50 - DAV - Ficus carica
16 DFIC 52 - DAV - Ficus carica
17 DFIC 63 - DAV - Ficus carica
19 DFIC 69 - DAV - Ficus carica
20 DFIC 73 - DAV - Ficus carica
21 DFIC 74 - DAV - Ficus carica

23 DFIC 84 - DAV - Ficus carica
24 DFIC 153 - DAV - Ficus carica

send me email so I can expand on the seeds trade, these are FEDCO, the only ones out there who take care not to do GMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here