Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sal's Corleone Pics

Posted by leon_edmond z7NM (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 15, 10 at 0:18

I recently picked my very first Sal's Corleone fig from a small potted tree. The fig was juicey, solid, and sweet. While lagging some flavor, there is an aftertaste that is obviously pleasant. I believe subsequent figs will be larger and of better quality. Nevertheless, it's a keeper and I thought I would post the pics. I hope others who have Sal's Corleone will share their photos and opinions as well.
Sal's Corleone
Sal's Corleone
Sal's Corleone
Sal's Corleone
Sal's Corleone

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sal's Corleone Pics

• Posted by noss 9 Lafayette, LA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 15, 10 at 0:25

Hi,

The fig looks yummy!

Does this tree do better in hot, dry weather, or does it do well in wet, humid, rainy weather? It looks like it has a more open eye, but when I look at the fig halved, it doesn't look like the eye goes to the inside, or is that just the way it was cut?

Thanks,

Vivian

o

Honestly, I don't have much experience with this variety to say how it will weather our hot, dry climate. I don't know if it will split or sour under humid conditions either. The eye appears open externally but did not penetrate the cavity, which is fairly solid.

o

Leon that does look good I got a small tree in April, it is now over 3 ft tall and I have pinched the tops twice. It is a very strong grower here and I should be picking some figs in the next month. I will post on this thread if you don't mind
Sal

o

I will also post ,pixes of my fruits from Corleone as soon as they ripe,but it will be a while,till it does,because my fig is inground and so it does produce ripe fruits later compared to in pot figs.
Last year I had fruits and they were double in size compared to Dr Leon,fruits.

o

Leon you take beautiful pictures! Totally awesome! Great job! Mine is about 3 feet tall and has fruit also. Ineed to post some pics. Good job and thanks for sharing. Dennis

o

Herman and Snaglpus:
It will be interesting to see what your Sal's Corleone figs look like. As I said, this was the very first fig from this little tree and so we all know how that goes.
Herman, what is your opinion on the taste of Sal's Corleone?

o

I've had my Sals Corleone for about two years now and it is doing great. I have yet to try one but it is producing very well this year. In fact most of my trees are producing well this year.

But I live in the North so I have to wait a little longer.

Leon,
If you don't mind I can post a picture of my Sals tomorrow.
Right now the rain is coming down hard and don't want to bother with it.

Rafed

o

I have been trying to postpone getting this variant. Looks like I need this variant sooner than I thought. LOL - Hopefully just one more tree.

o

Very sweet and good flavor,yet my opinion is that my tree is still young and the fruits are not what they will be when tree is fully mature.

o

Herman I fully agree with you.

o

Mine was a little more amber and not as red inside I also found this to be the case with my Conadria this season. Not sure if the heat we have had is affecting them to where the insides are just ripening to fast to develop their true color and flavor, but that is the only thing I can point to at this time

Here is a link that might be useful: sal corleone

o

• Posted by ejp3 7NY (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 21:38

My sals of c last years crop was slightly larger than yours pictured. I had a few split on me but the variety did well overall in that regard. Genes strain was much more prolific for me but the corleone had a nice taste that was different from Genes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here