Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fig tree 49 paralel Moravia (Czech Republic)

Posted by stefanos689 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 3:20

Here is a picture of fig tree growing near town of Znojmo in Southern Moravia. Partly damaged by harsh winter this spring, but partly living. Photo was taken early in spring, so no idea how tree looks like now. Must be 15-20 years old at least.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fig tree 49 paralel Moravia (Czech Republic)

That is Why it is very important to leave all branches and trunks on ,in the Fall,(no pruning),because in Spring the tree is going to have dead and live branches,and so the Grower,just eliminate the dead branches and the tree is just fine.
If pruned in the Fall,the Winter will prune it again!.

o

Nice tree Stefanos. Do you know what variety is this one, can you send as some cuttings in fall.

Thanks Eden

o

Hi Eden,

For me it is no problem to send cuttings. But I am not sure about US laws and customs??? Will such letter make it?

Variety is yet unknown to me, but I will soon be able to talk to owner of this tree, so maybe he will tell me something about origin of this fig...

The location is on the top of small hill, facing southwards, altitude slightly above 300 m. It is clear tree was partly damaged a few times, but always survived.

o

Hi Stefano. Thank you for replay. We do get Cuttings from Europe time to time so far 100% successfully but they get confiscated and destroyed. It is worth to try.

Jsem z Bosny a byl bych V�m vděčn�, pokud n�m mů�ete zaslat na mě alespoň jeden z va�ich ř�zků obr. budu platit po�tovn�

o

Hi,

In that case pls give me your contact and I will send u cuttings when I can.

o

Hi Stefanos. Can you register at figs 4 fun forum and i can PM you my contact

o

send me a cutting too if possible I have a bunch of vegetable seeds from around the world I can send you in return. my email is ediblelandscaping.sc@gmail.com

o

Hi Stefanos. Send me a email so i can send you my address. Eneslanovic@hotmail.com

o

Same tree yesterday.

o

Hi Stefanos!

I am interested for cuttings too.
Send me a PM with details!

o

Wow after this winter in Europe i am surprised that this tree survived with no damage to it. Stefanos Thank you for pic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here