Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o

Posted by simsedward 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 8:39

Hi All-
I got a fig tree cutting from a friend's father. Sorry I have no Idea how to post a picture, and I'm not sure what kind of fig tree it is. Anyway it is growing great. I have had it since May. Can I expect figs next summer?

Any advice for what to do with it next winter if I plant it in the ground next spring? (Southeast Michigan).

Thanks
ED

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie

Welcome to the forum ED. If your tree is from a local tree you need to talk to your friends Father. He could clue you in on what type it is and what to expect out of it. Also of much importance is how he cares for it during the winter. No doubt he either has it in a pot and brings it inside or if it's an in ground tree he must wrap it or bury it. Winters in your part of the world can be brutal to fig trees.
"gene"

o
RE: Newbie

Thanks Gene. The guy is an old Armenian guy - when I asked what kind he said, "I don't know - a fig tree!" LOL. He keeps it outside, but his is more like a fig "bush" - many many sprouts and not too tall. Mine is definitely growing like a tree.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here