Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grantham`sRoyal fig

Posted by alb419_ny 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 13:47

does anyone have this fig?Would love to see a picture of this fruit,can anyone post it on the forum,thanks.Ciao,
Giuseppe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grantham`sRoyal fig

I will try to look for a photo of mine from last year but Grantham's Royal appears to be a synonym of Dauphine (Sp). The two figs and their leaves are the same in my collection. Speaking of, their are two known varieties of Dauphine which should not be confused.

The first is a San Pedro fig, mentioned above, which is the same as Grantham's Royal. It produces large breba figs but drops the main crop. The other Dauphine is one referred to as Violette Dauphine or Violette d' Argenteuil. It produces two crops of excellent tasting figs.

o
RE: Grantham`sRoyal fig

Dr LEON,
I HAVE A FIG TREE THAT IS A FEW YEARS OLD NOT SURE IF IS G.R.IT HAS A BREBA THIS YEAR AND ONE MAIN FIG.THE BREBA IS LARGE AND LOOKS LIKE NOTHING I SEEN BEFORE,IT IS A DARK FLAT FIG,NOT SURE WHAT IT IS.ANYWAY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION.CIAO,
GIUSEPPE

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here