Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fig tree id please

Posted by mauriziop none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 13:47

Can someone help me ID my fig tree , I think it is hardy Chicago this tree is from Sicily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fig tree id please

This is figs from last year

This post was edited by mauriziop on Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 13:51

o

English Brown Turkey?

Looks good even if my guess is wrong

o

Thank you for the reply jenniferarino.it is a good fig

o

95 % of me says that it is a brown turkey. It is quite delicious...Try a small ripe one, you will love it. It tastes like candy!

o

Also mauriziop, that bush could pass for one of mine. It is thriving and it really does look like a Brown Turkey. I don't know if is an English BT or a California but I tell you-it is quite delicious. I will upload pics of mine later this evening or tomorrow evening.

o

Here is a picture of my other fig tree that a bought at a local store that was label hardy chicago the figs look the same but dint taste as sweet.I don't know if it is really a hardy Chicago.if it was label wrong.

o

on more picture

o

• Posted by gorgi z6b_NJ (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 18:11

HC (a Mt. Etna type fig) was what first came to my mind (but I could be wrong)....

o

Thank you for your help

o

I cannot tell if the eye of the fig is pink/red in the above pictures? The eyes appear to be green in the first pic. If the eye of the supposed HC are green by the time they are the size of the figs in your first pic, then that is not a HC.

o

this is updated picture of the first one.The figs are starting to ripening and the figs taste really good.

o

It looks like the eye is red.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here