Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mauriziop

Fig tree id please

mauriziop
10 years ago

Can someone help me ID my fig tree , I think it is hardy Chicago this tree is from Sicily

Comments (12)

• mauriziop
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is figs from last year

This post was edited by mauriziop on Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 13:51

• jenniferarino83
    10 years ago

English Brown Turkey?

Looks good even if my guess is wrong

• mauriziop
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the reply jenniferarino.it is a good fig

• ahgrower Horne
    10 years ago

95 % of me says that it is a brown turkey. It is quite delicious...Try a small ripe one, you will love it. It tastes like candy!

• ahgrower Horne
    10 years ago

Also mauriziop, that bush could pass for one of mine. It is thriving and it really does look like a Brown Turkey. I don't know if is an English BT or a California but I tell you-it is quite delicious. I will upload pics of mine later this evening or tomorrow evening.

• mauriziop
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a picture of my other fig tree that a bought at a local store that was label hardy chicago the figs look the same but dint taste as sweet.I don't know if it is really a hardy Chicago.if it was label wrong.

• mauriziop
    Original Author
    10 years ago

on more picture

• gorgi
    10 years ago

HC (a Mt. Etna type fig) was what first came to my mind (but I could be wrong)....

• mauriziop
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your help

• cis4elk
    10 years ago

I cannot tell if the eye of the fig is pink/red in the above pictures? The eyes appear to be green in the first pic. If the eye of the supposed HC are green by the time they are the size of the figs in your first pic, then that is not a HC.

• mauriziop
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this is updated picture of the first one.The figs are starting to ripening and the figs taste really good.

• mauriziop
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It looks like the eye is red.

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert