Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LSU Fig Trial Field Day July 13th 8am to noon

Posted by darkman270 8b/9a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 17:07

For all you Fig Heads

This is the premiere event in the Southeastern USA this month and probably next month and maybe the year.

LSU Fig Trial Field Day

If you are close and have any interest in figs you should not miss this opportunity. This is the real deal. Experts in all things Fig, Dr. Charlie Johnson and his team, are hosting this event and everything from tasting various varieties to maintaing your fig orchard will be covered. You will actually be able to walk in the research groves and see how they prune the trees for optimal production. There will even be a chef to discuss the use of figs and food pairings.

Figs They're not just for Grandma to can anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope some of you can attend. The event is from 0800 - 1200 at the Burden Research Center in Baton Rouge. After the event some of us are going to catch a bite, talk figs and socialize a little. Anyone wishing to join us is welcome.

Contact me for more information!

Come see and taste for yourself!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LSU Fig Trial Field Day July 13th 8am to noon

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 23:26

Any report for those who couldn't attend?

o

Please check here.

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox.com/post/LSU-FIG-FIELD-DAY!!!!!!!-6426039

There is way to much to try and repeat as there are several reporters and more reports to come.

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 13:06

Thank you, that's a nice report.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here