Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Mission Fig Tree

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 18:04

Here is a newer plant i have. I was picking up some upm potting soil at a nursery for my small plants and saw hardy chicago and mission plants. Most all there mission plants had figs this 1 did not and since my cuttings failed for various reasons i decided why not . So i picked out plant i liked best. I did have a nice chat with the fella and he mentioned its Monrovia Mission fig these arrived from Visalia California recently which also was mentioned on tag as well. Hope to sample some figs next season.
Best Health
Martin
Near Chicago Zone 5
Mission 5
Mission 4
Mission 3
Mission 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Mission Fig Tree

Martin,

I planted a black mission fig about that size last October. I cut it back to get a multi branched tree and it has put on a lot of growth since then but still no figs.

This is no big deal with Mission figs? I expected some fruit this year.

Many of my first year cuttings (other varieties) have figs on them allready, and they were just little sticks in January.

Dave

o

Hi Dave ,
i could not answer your question, i see no reason why mine should not get figs in future, how they taste in my climate is another story.
Time will tell thats for sure but not this season.

o

Dave i was just out this morning useing up the little water left in rain barrel water ( rain tonight) and looked at the mission and there are some figs smaller than a pea on plant just wont ripen this season.
Would like to see yours if possible here with some leaf pictures.
Its fun and pictures are enjoyable to look at i wish more members would post them.
Martin

o

Congrats on your new tree.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here