Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Negretta Figs

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 18:13

Here is picture of some Negretta figs on tree that color early like my VdB but more of a bronze color for now , in my zone its a wait on figs to ripen each year while i enjoy members posted pictures of ripe figs now in warmer areas of country.
These should ripen around 6 to 8 weeks from now.
Photobucket
Best Health
Martin
Near Chicago
Zone 5

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Negretta Figs

It's a very colorful fig. The leaf stems are even colored.
Here's the breba that was picked last month.

Bass

o

Martin: Thanks for posting the picture of Negretta.

Bass: I have read that the Negretta is very cold hardy. Can you describe how the Negretta taste?

Thanks Bob

o

Yes it seems colorful as summer arrives the leaf stems turn from early spring color of green to a reddish hue and some young leaves will display the veins as well like that i have observed in my climate anyways.
The figs seem to be taken on slight color of same as the days pass by.
Here is picture of last season,a difference of age and weather as last season was a very cool one here for my plants.
figs did not get chance to ripen but i should get taste this season as tree gets some seasons under its belt or should i say branches. ; )
Enjoy
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here