Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
italybp

Black Mission

italybp
9 years ago

Hello all, I just joined so please forgive my inexperience. I have had a love for figs for some time and finally decided this year to grow some of my own from cuttings. I got a few different variteys and several if each to leave room for faliure. I have: desert king, peters honey, black mission, Texas blue giant, conadria and and unknown from California. Through lots if help surprisingly most have been doing really well, I went from propagation to 60/40 perlite vermiculite mix. Yesterday I had several ready to be repotted and all went pretty well, at first I had them out in the shade, the first 2 started to welt, being over 85 I thought it was to hot and brought them in my garage were it was about 78 and to my joy they bounced right back. It's a surprisingly cool day here in Delware and the temp in my gararge dropped to 72 and I noticed all 3 of my black missions wilted, horrified I moved them to my attic were my propagation took place were it is about 83 so I'm hoping this will help. Confusing to me is my Desert Kings (pride and joy) and peters honey are fine. I guess I should have mentioned I plane to keep these as container trees. I put so much love time and effort in these and don't want to lose them do to my lack of experience, any help with my situation now and future advice would be great, my main concern is were to leve them until they grow established roots as it gets to hot with not a lot of shade during the day when I work, I was thinking of leaving them in the gararge during the day with temps between 75-85 but not much sun light then let them out for a few hours when I get home. Help please :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida