Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monstreuse

Posted by Tony3 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 9:28

My first Monstreuse figs. Excellent! Heavy bearer of large tasty figs north of Philadelphia PA. These figs were grown in a pot. I got a few late figs last year that never ripened. This year the plant has about 50 figs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monstreuse

Very nice. Is that the Monstreuse from UC Davis?

Joe

o

Just Fruit and Exotics in Florida, same as my Black Jack.

o

Looks fantastic, I just got my Monstreuse from another member and I can't wait to try these figs. Is Black Jack and Monstreuse the only 2 fig trees you have? I have a few cultivars maybe we can trade some cuttings. if your interested send me an email and I'll give you a list of all I have. I even have a few rooted figs and other edible plants ready to ship now if you want to trade plant for plant.

o

Nice photo!
The leaves and fruit look the same as mine from Rolling River Nursery. You're right, it is one of the best tasting white figs.

o

Hey EL, how can I email you? I also have English Brown Turkey, Celeste, White Genoa, Conadria, Beall, Florentine, Gentile, and Madelein Des Deux Saisons. Rooted cuttings of English Brown Turkey, White Genoa, and Beall.

o

Nice!

I have one of these (a wee baby) that I got through a California Rare Fruit Growers raffle. I put it in the ground this winter, and it looks pretty happy.

o

ediblelandscaping.sc@gmail.com I'm sorry for the late reply I've been very busy so haven't been on GW lately. I'd love to trade a few cuttings with you I have some nice ones but we'll talk more via email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here