Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiny harvest

Posted by wojtek 6b, Poland (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 28, 10 at 12:53

Hello,
I`d like to share some pics of my ripening figs from my English Brown Turkey (thanks Herman). These are breba. I think we have no chance for main crop ripening - unfortunately. But I`m happy of that I have. Fruits were soft, very juicy, sweet with a little dash of sour.
Regards
Wojtek

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiny harvest

Yes it is English Brown Turkey.
Of course it is not identical in fruit shape and color,because it grows different in Different climates,but it is the same fig.
That purple on the inside close to the skin,is not on mine,but i learned to understand that those changes are because of the climate soil etc,and it does not mean it is another cultivar.
The Breba on mine are better tasting than Main crop,unless the climate is very hot,and dry,in September and October.
Then,the Main crop is very excellent tasting too,because of good climate.
What Is important about this cultivar is that it can make edible fruits far away from ideal climate,and many other choice cultivars are totally non edible in such climates.

o

• Posted by wojtek 6b, Poland (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 28, 10 at 13:24

Thank you for comments Herman. Our climate is really far from ideal. I think we miss 1-1,5 month of summer. But it is not up to us.
Wojtek

o

Nice photos Wojtek, thanks for sharing your figs with us.
Under your conditions, you are doing an excellent job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here