Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dtrade83

looking for rooted figs

dtrade83
13 years ago

I have a large fig tree that I think is a texas everberrying and have grown to love the figs every morning

but I have been wanting to try growing a few other types but I can not seem to find any where I can buy them for less then $8 or so. Is there anywhere I can find rooted cuttings or small plants cheap

Comments (8)

• genecolin
    13 years ago

Dtrade, Almost Eden sell nice small plants for 10 dollars. I've bought some on sale last year for 9 dollars. All of them grew into some very nice trees and have produced figs this year. I hope this helps.'gene'

Here is a link that might be useful: almost eden

• oregonwoodsmoke
    13 years ago

For $8, you can barely buy a few petunias. I would think that $8 for rooted fig cuttings would be fair.

Unless what they are selling is a little stick with a few water roots, which I would be reluctant to pay anything for. To me, a rooted cutting has enough roots established in soil that you know it is going to make it.

I've never seen figs for as cheap as $8. But if you tell where you are located, maybe someone knows of a hobbyist who sells cuttings.

• dieseler
    13 years ago

Sometimes 1 gets lucky, here is plant i bought from nursery called Jerusalem fig. Basically unknown to owner of nursery here in next town over, a plant was given to nursery from a greek man from his neighborhood and propagated.I was able to see parent plants not for sale and they had figs on them not ripe at the time of purchase. So i take the chance. Total cost 9.27 with tax last one he had.
    Very healthy roots i cut open carefully pot and save all roots then transplanted into 3 g container.
    {{gwi:808584}}
    {{gwi:808587}}
    {{gwi:808589}}
    Martin

Ebay Name
    Dieseler6z92

• noss
    13 years ago

Martin,

What a great find and this is such a pretty little fig tree, which looks very healthy on top, as well. I think the shape of the leaves is beautiful. Please keep us informed how this little one does for you as it grows.

noss

• foolishpleasure
    13 years ago

I bought one Fig Plant from Amazon (Nursery in Chicago)for $10, It was shipped in small pot and I transplanted it into a bigger pot. It is doing very well. Thant is the way to buy Figs. Be aware of the so called 3Gallons bare foot and cost $50 dollar. It is a gimmick to waste time and money it does not work. Don't buy Barefoot.
    Does any one knows an orchard within 75 miles from Annapolis Maryland. I want to buy trees with dirt on the root. I will pick it up.

• dtrade83
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok so 10 is a good price range

• peterknop
    13 years ago

We have a large fig grove with over four hundred tress in Chantilly, Va. We sell fresh figs retail and wholesale as well as potted material at times.
    Bamboofabrics@yahoo.com. And www.Ticonderoga.com

PS for original poster, zone 7 covers a multitude of sins and places. A state would be helpful as zones 7 do differ a lot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ticonderoga

• foolishpleasure
    13 years ago

Where is your address Chantilly Va. If you can give full address including zip code to get driving directions, You can email me at afadley1@gmail.com

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH