Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A great visit with a figgy friend

Posted by genecolin Zone 9, LA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 15:42

This is a double forum post for those that don't visit both.

Yesterday Linda and I left the house around 7 AM and drove about 6 hours to near Gary Texas to visit with J.A. (jstall) and Judy Stallone. It was a long ride but well worth it. J.A. had told me he lived way out in the country, I just didn't realize how far. If it would have been any further out in the country we would have had to put on hiking boots. I could almost hear the banjo's playing, haha. J.A. welcome us into his home where I also met his brother in law, a fine fellow in his own right, and we sat and chatted for a while. J.A. and I then went out and look at fig trees and tasted a couple of figs while Linda and J.A.'s brother in law stayed in to enjoy the AC. One in particular that got my attention was his Aldo or Palermo Red. That is one great tasting fig. It was sweet, but not overly sweet, and nice and figgy. J.A. will help me get one for my collection. I hope the good Lord grants me many more years to enjoy them and others. J.A. and I swapped a couple of trees. His wife Judy came home from work and we visited a while, not long enough, before we had to leave to be in Bossier City for a anniversary dinner for our daughter and son in law. I know I will make a lot more time available next time we head north to visit. My only regret is I forgot to take any pictures with our friends.

J.A., Linda and I want to thank you and Judy for the hospitality and friendship you shared with us. We are looking forward to the next visit already. I know we will not be able to visit enough with these fine people.
"gene"

fig people are great

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A great visit with a figgy friend

Hi Gene,
when you said Banjo' playing reminded me of a popular movie
i saw many seasons back. ; )
Had a good time did you ?
GREAT !
Best Health
Martin

o

Martin, it was all I could do to convince Linda that I knew where I was going, me and my trusty laptop that is. I wouldn't travel without it (Delorme Street Atlas and GPS reciever). The best 69 bucks I ever spent.

And yes we had a wonderful time, too bad it was so short.

"gene"

o

I will attend a FIG forum in September On a Fig Farm which is 1 1/2 hour drive from me. I am glad I don't live in Texas too big for me.

o

One thing I learned in life is that it's never too far to visit a friend. The trees we swapped was just a bonus.
"gene"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here