Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
genecolin

A great visit with a figgy friend

genecolin
13 years ago

This is a double forum post for those that don't visit both.

Yesterday Linda and I left the house around 7 AM and drove about 6 hours to near Gary Texas to visit with J.A. (jstall) and Judy Stallone. It was a long ride but well worth it. J.A. had told me he lived way out in the country, I just didn't realize how far. If it would have been any further out in the country we would have had to put on hiking boots. I could almost hear the banjo's playing, haha. J.A. welcome us into his home where I also met his brother in law, a fine fellow in his own right, and we sat and chatted for a while. J.A. and I then went out and look at fig trees and tasted a couple of figs while Linda and J.A.'s brother in law stayed in to enjoy the AC. One in particular that got my attention was his Aldo or Palermo Red. That is one great tasting fig. It was sweet, but not overly sweet, and nice and figgy. J.A. will help me get one for my collection. I hope the good Lord grants me many more years to enjoy them and others. J.A. and I swapped a couple of trees. His wife Judy came home from work and we visited a while, not long enough, before we had to leave to be in Bossier City for a anniversary dinner for our daughter and son in law. I know I will make a lot more time available next time we head north to visit. My only regret is I forgot to take any pictures with our friends.

J.A., Linda and I want to thank you and Judy for the hospitality and friendship you shared with us. We are looking forward to the next visit already. I know we will not be able to visit enough with these fine people.

"gene"

fig people are great

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor