Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Good Guys

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 17:20

Recently there were thread about some bad transactions on ebay. Yes this happens but there are good folks left in world also.

As a forum member here since June of 2005 i would never stick my neck out and state otherwise.
Now active again this season these 2 are the Good Guys you can trust your getting what is described.
Hermansur and Figsnstuff .

Best Health
Martin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Good Guys

I agree with you Martin,

But you forgot to mention figsnstuff ( gorgi ) is a very Very big hearted person.

Herman is like a human book about figs. Knows way too much about figs.

Rafed

o

Yea and I would trust dieseler too. Some of those names mentioned above I would trust over any nursery to sell me plants true to name.

Not long after I started growing figs I hoped to one day be able to sell some trees and cuttings. I would have by now too if not for one thing. The labels on my first trees washed away. You don't get a 1000+ positives from individual eBay members with no negatives by selling crap or something wrongly labeled. I have some small trees that I know the names of too and one day I will be a net seller. Just not yet.

o

thisisme,

Let me know what you will be selling. You might have what I could be looking for. LOL

Rafed

o

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rafed. It will likely still be a couple of years though. I only have a few named varieties that would be big enough to sell and they are common to everyone on this forum. I have a bunch of hard to obtain varieties from cuttings I purchased last season from Encanto Farms. I really like figs though so they are all mine until they get big enough to take cuttings from and they have good labels.

It really sucks losing all your labels. Then you can't legitimately sell or trade anything. You don't know what variety it is so you get another one of the same variety by mistake. Arrg!!!lol.

A word to all the new fig lovers; Use the permanent aluminum or copper name tags or some other very permanent form of label.

o

Thisisme,

This is what I love about this hobby. The waiting!!! LOL
I too use the copper name tags on those " " hard to find/get figs.

Rafed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here