Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marius67

florea fig

marius67
13 years ago

This year,2010,i've tried to propagate with 90% succes,over 65 varietes of figs from 2 very trusted sources,Hermann from nj and John from encanto farms,and I still wanna thank them for this wonderful figs such as:marseille vs black,sal's el,malta black,hardy chicago,excell,florea,sweet george,viollette de bordeaux,osborn prolific and many others.BUT...what I need to point now is....florea fig from Hermann,wich is something incredible,growing about 8 feet in one season from a 5 inches cutting received from Hermann in march this year,and bearing 15 to 2o figs on each new plant.I will try to post a picture with my florea fig,the one in the pot and the one in ground,wich in double the size.i hope that i know how to do it...

Comments (9)

• ottawan_z5a
    13 years ago

I agree that Florea is a good rooter and a fast growing plant. My newly rooted plant grew fast and just now showing some figs but I removed the figs because it is too late for my location.

• northeastnewbie
    13 years ago

Marius67 would you be so kind as to contact me in regards to the florea fig. Thank You
    rheyco@comcast.net

• herman2_gw
    13 years ago

It is all in the genes Marius,Florea loves temperate colder climates.

• herman2_gw
    13 years ago

PS:I hope you did not applied a lot of fertiliser to that fig,because if you did,then the cold hardeness goes out the window,and next Spring it will be dead!!!.

• marius67
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hermann....no,i did not applied fertilizer,just one year old cow manure...a lot!!

• organic_aer1
    13 years ago

Herman
    You called it right i questioned the rapid growth in the previous post.
    Here is the answer.

Have a GREAT day
    Al

• chuckell
    9 years ago

i just rooted 6 cuttings they are still real small roots ,but wow they rooted fast,i saw ratings of this fig for zone 5 ,so that makes it ideal for me,and did not know about fertilizing,could cause hardiness to go away thanks for telling that.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Does anybody have cuttings of this fig? Will pay postage and costs. I don' have any figs to trade that are big enough to take cuttings. Or even can direct me to a place that sells them? Thanks!

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    8 years ago

Thanks, i found cuttings.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner