Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Had the best fig of my life today...

Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 18:31

I picked a huge and syrupy Black Jack Fig today (late morning). I've never seen a fig that was filled with syrup like this before -- and the taste was sublime. Black Jack has a honey-ed flavor (to me) to begin with, but the extra amber liquid, which sat in the seed cavity as if in a ladle, really took this one over the top. This fig was epic. Best ever.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Had the best fig of my life today...

• Posted by noss Zone 9a Lafayette, L (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 21:50

MrClint,

I just about shorted out my keyboard drooling so much at your description of a Black Jack fig. :) Where are the pictures to go along with the description?

noss

o
RE: Had the best fig of my life today...

Black Jack figs are really good, but this particular fig was exceptional. I've never had anything like this one before. If someone could tell me how to "force" this syrup activity to occur, I would be forever grateful. The tree sits in a part of the yard where three walking paths converge. Perhaps the fig may have been "knocked" or hit by a passerby while it was developing? If I can reproduce this anomaly, I will gladly send along a picture. That amber syrup was otherworldly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here