Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordering Cuttings From Davis

Posted by oregonwoodsmoke 5 OR Sunset 1A (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 11, 10 at 19:34

I have questions about ordering fig cuttings from Davis.

Anyone who has done it, you get a fedex account, right? And Davis just charges the shipping?

Is that how it works? how much was the shipping charge? Are the cuttings themselves free?

How difficult is it to root the cuttings that Davis sends out?

Davis has a couple of figs I'd like to try. And then maybe throw a dart to pick out a couple more that I haven't seen any information about.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordering Cuttings From Davis

Yes. the Fed Ex account is free, but you need a credit card to back it. Davis charges shipping. I had a big order, and it cost around $30 bucks. The cuttings are free. They usually send 5 cuttings per varietal, but the one you really want, they will only send one :-)).

Almost all my cuttings rooted, but I was not aware of the damage that fungus gnats can do, and before I could attack the gnats, they killed a bunch of my cuttings. Next year, I'll be smarter.

It's first come, first served with them. So the sooner you get your order in, the better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here