Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Violet de Bordeaux

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 20:12

Here pictured is 2nd season VdB i rooted for neighbor.
Violet de Bordeaux 3

Martin
Ebay Id
Dieseler6z92
Registered 1996

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Violet de Bordeaux

Impressive. How tall was the cutting you rooted? My Negronne is getting tall and I was thinking of taking the leader out of it next season but am not sure if I can get it to root like newer growth.
Jennifer

o

Jennifer it was growing as a sucker in parent trees pot several inches tall when i dug it out.
The parent tree is hard to see in the other thread "my figs in yard" its in the second picture down first 30 gallon pot behind the gate.
Martin

o

Martin,
Your VdB looks great! I'm very jealous. I have a much smaller Vdb (2 years old) but it was VERY productive this year for its size. I have a pic of it on my blog below if you are interested. Keep up the great growing.
Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: .09 Acres

o

Hi Vaplantman,
you will forget you say jealous next season with your Vdb .
With a little care you will see how nice size yours will be next season in your climate. ; )
By the way i visit your site - nice and thanks.
Martin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here