Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Precious Sight.

Posted by noss 9 Lafayette, LA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 3:31

I had to share this with y'all--

I went outside to take one last look at the fig trees on my carport and as I neared one of the babies, I noticed a stringy thing on one of the leaves at the top of the treelet. I looked more closely and the stringy thing, its tail, was attached to a young anole that was nestled along the inside spine of the little leaf and it was sound asleep. It never awoke when I leaned near to take a good look. Its little eyes were closed tightly.

I found out why the anoles are hanging around the fig trees. It's because there are many small, whitish tan moths that hang around the fig trees. The anoles like the moths as much as the geckos do, but the anoles have the day shift and the geckos work until I turn off the kitchen-living area lights for the night. They like me because I stay up late and that attracts the moths for a longer time.

The anoles and geckos are so fat.

Thanks,

noss

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Precious Sight.

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 11:15

How tiny are the tiny moths, Viv? Tiny enough to be whitefly?

Al

o

Lizards are always welcome. It sounds like you've got some good hard workers.

o

• Posted by noss 9 Lafayette, LA (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 23:41

Hi Al,

No, they aren't whitefly moths. These are larger and are always around, plants, or no plants. The geckos eat them off the big windows in the peak across the front of my house. The lights draw them to the windows and they sleep on the trees during the days, so the anoles flush them out.

Yes, OWS, they really are eager for meals. :) Do you have lizards up that way?

noss

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here