Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafed_gw

Beall

rafed
9 years ago

This has been in my collection for quite some time now. Maybe three or four years?
First time it produced and ripened for me. And a slow grower at that.

I have always said I never had a fig I did not like. I am a bit disappointed in this one. Not much flavor. Gets a 5 on the scale of 1 to 10.
Hopefully the remaining ones will ripen and taste better.

This fig has age so I am ruling that part out.

Comments (6)

• fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX
    9 years ago

Mine has been a fast grower. I got it about 8 inches tall in May. It's now 4-5ft and has been tipped back a couple times. The figs are big and pretty good if one likes the juicy type. I gave it a 7 of 10 but didn't want to go too high as it was an early ripener. It's about as good as RDB, Sultane, and IGO others same age trees.

• rafed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I appreciate the response.
    Maybe I have a lazy one?

Do you see yours to be the same as mine? Do you have pictures so we can compare?

Thanks

9 years ago

No fruit ripe right now but shape and exterior and interior color is somewhat like yours. One is coloring up down low on plant. Interior of fruit is amber colored.

PS: More I look the less it looks like yours.

I got the plant from Wills. Leaves are highly variable. They were big before initial tipping but now are much smaller and showing FMV.

It's in a pot but rooted into soil in my greenhouse. I don't want to move it so this is the best pictures I've got.

This post was edited by fruitnut on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 17:25

• rafed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, fruitnut.

Our figs do not look the same.
    What color was the ripe fruit? Inside and out.

9 years ago

Outside was a pale purple not solid purple like yours. Inside was amber. I'll post a picture when that next one is fully ripe. The first fig fell of dry. Last two have been nice and juicy. They haven't shriveled up much after hanging limp for 7 days. The eye is closed.

• rafed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

If you get a chance can you post the pictures of the leaves? All the patterns if you can?

I will be leaving in the morning and I wont be back till Thursday or Friday to compare. Just so you know I wont be avoiding you.

But I will be reading and posting from time to time while I am off work.

Thanks.