Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
figcollector

Fig Trees for sale

figcollector
16 years ago

I have decided to thin out my fig collection.I want to keep just a few.All trees are trees not bushes.Their about 6-8 feet tall and all were purchased from Belleclare nursery.Dark Green Genoa(RARE) $275.00,Italian Everbearing $200.00,Atreano $275.00,Fico Bianco Pasquale $250.00,Long Island Green $150.00,Brooklyn Heirloom (old school classic)$275.00,Braided 3 varieties Atreano,Fico Zana,Pops Purple$375.00,I have a few youngsters Conadria $75.00,Petite Negri$45.00.I might also decide to sell my Garnsey seedless and Peters Honey(MAYBE).All trees have two crops.

Comments (20)

• hlyell
    16 years ago

Happy birthday tomorrow :)

Please email me at HL@comcast.net

• figfarmer
    16 years ago

I'm pretty sure that listing trees for sale on this forum is highly frowned upon. There are many growers on this forum, including myself, that would never use this forum to advertise "for sale". Just my 2 cents. FF

• jeff55_gardener
    16 years ago

hi do you have a phone number e-mail me at zjeffrzgm@aol.com

• pitangadiego
    16 years ago

Please e-mail to figs4fun at cox dot net

• loslunasfarms
    16 years ago

I would love to get some cuttings. Please send me an email via the forum..

• bonsaist
    16 years ago

I have many trees that I'll be getting rid of as well. Mine are too large to be shipped though.
    I've got Marsielle, Petite Nigri, and Desert King. as well as many other trees.

Bass

• figfarmer
    16 years ago

I quess I'm wrong.

• elder
    16 years ago

No, figfarmer, you are not wrong. I am also against advertising on the forum, but I think that a hobbyist trying to recoup some of his expenses might not fit into the definition. I would certainly draw the line if the advertising were in support of a commercial enterprise, but we must remember that ultimately it is the operators of Garden Web who will make the decision.

• ejp3
    16 years ago

Please e-mail me at ep2920@aol.com

• hlyell
    16 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone who expressed an interest had been contacted. I was the first to reply to the post, but I have yet to get an email. It's no big deal. I was just sort of surprised.

• FO876
    16 years ago

He's probably waiting on all the figs to ripen so he could enjoy them all by himself. :p

• pitangadiego
    16 years ago

None.

• furo
    16 years ago

Maybe Todd got a cease and desist order from the GW gestapo?
    Woody.

• bonsaist
    16 years ago

ejp3, It was nice to meet you.

Bass

• loslunasfarms
    16 years ago

I heard from him, just an email so far.

• mastino
    15 years ago

can you email me about the fig trees for sale Thank you!

• sandsquid
    15 years ago

If _I_ had those trees, I would wait till they went dormant in the fall. Then prune them back hard to save on shipping costs. And at the same time get tons of cuttings to give/swap/barter, etc. But that is just me.

I'm all for recouping some of my investment, but more importantly propagating some of these rare varieties to ensure survival and availability for future generations.

My take on the subject is that we never know when the "Fig World" will be hit with a bug/blight/virus/etc. that wipes out millions of trees, and hopefully it will be some odd genetic mutant in someone's backyard that is the one variety that is immune and saves the world from a fig famine. And it is not beyond the realm of possibility either. Just look at what happened during The Great French Wine Blight was a severe blight of the mid-19th century that destroyed many of the vineyards in France and laid to waste the wine industry by one little Phylloxera aphid . The ONLY thing that saved the European Grape Industry was the discovery that the European vines could be grafted to the American rootstock that were not susceptible to the Phylloxera. So while we are all busy chasing that elusive rare fig and horse-trading with each other we are also building up a gene pool to fall back on in case something bad happens.

Something to consider.

• vern_2006
    15 years ago

Good point Sandsquid.

Vern

• ryecooder
    15 years ago

holy those are some expansive trees, why so much, it's not like you can smoke them or something lol j/k :)

• effdeevee
    15 years ago

Dear figcollector(Long Island), ...et al.:

Above, in your postings, many have said that they want to thin out their collection(s) of fig trees, and keep only a few varieties. I'm curious, FF Members, ... just what varieties of figs are you going to keep, and, WHY????

I grow only one variety: "ATREANO". So far, I have no complaints with my trees, and, the fruit is just delicious. I personally, have no desire to grow many different varieties. I don't have the room, money, or patience to grow figs that may not do well in the NYC area. "Variety is the spice of life", so they say, and that's why I'm so curious about which varieties of figs your're going to keep.

Thanks, FDV