Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identifying Fig

Posted by silver8ack South NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 11:25

Hey! I just moved to a new house and would like some help identifying this fig tree. I plan on growing several more trees from cuttings and removing this tree as I don't like it's location. Also is seems to produce little fruit for its size. I think thats because it wasn't pruned much before. I cut a lot of the lower branches back because this corner of the yard was overrun... please ignore the bad pruning. Anyway here are some pics. Thanks for any help!

IMG 1083

IMG 1084

IMG 1089

IMG 1090

IMG 1092

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identifying Fig

It is a Celeste;
you are In NJ and in this climate ,it drops the first part of main crop,and so ,it ends up not very productive.
It is hard to figure out why or how,just observe your tree in the second part of June.
you will see half grown fruits ,yellow looking and ,laying on ground.
Then you will know.
Once you know ,you decide what to do with it.
I decided for myself and discarded all strains of Regular Celeste that had this behavior.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here