Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do I do with these Lattarula FIgs - I think that's what they

Posted by wschumer Oregon (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 15:15

I have a friend who has this amazing fig tree. Through research I have determined that it is probably a Lattarula Fig -or Italian Honey fig. I want to harvest the tons of fruit on the tree that is finally rip but have no idea what to do with it all. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do I do with these Lattarula FIgs - I think that's what

Yes It is Italian honey,or Latarulla.
You can eat some and make fig Jam from the rest.
If you do not have enough ,harvest them ,place in freezer till you have enough then you make fig jam.

o

I like this fig ���� you have more photo��

o

Soak them overnight in Coconut Rum, then dip them in chocolate, either melted chocolate bark or Hersheys syrup. Tastes kinda like Almond Joy! Yum.
or...
Ingredients
3 quarts (approx 3 pounds) golden or black figs
6 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 cup white distilled vinegar
Cheese cloth bag with 3 sticks cinnamon, 1 teaspoon whole cloves
Directions
Wash, clean and inspect figs. Leave small amount of stem to hold on to.
Cover figs with 2 quarts of boiling water and let stand five minutes.
Make syrup with remaining ingredients.
Drain water from figs. Add syrup and boil for 10 minutes. Place in refrigerator overnight.
Boil for 10 minutes and refrigerate overnight for three successive days.
On last day, pack hot figs into sterilized jar to within 1/2 inch of the top. Add syrup to cover. Cover and seal in water bath using prescribed procedure.

o

If you have too much send it my way I have 6 grand kids I can not produce enough for them. They do not understand the word season they think it should be year round.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here