Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a fig leaf/tree?

Posted by janruh tx (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 16:30

I have a LARGE (about 9' tall) tree/shrub? that's growing in our yard. The leaves look like fig to me but I had no idea they would get that large. I've never seen fruit on it, so I'm not at all sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a fig leaf/tree?

No, that isn't a fig -- the leaves are too pointy. See the image link below for fig leaves. But figs do get that tall and taller.

If you want to ID that plant, post the photo over at the GW Name That Plant forum, someone will know: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/namegal/

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Fig leaves

o

possibly a maple, but not a fig

o

got a picture of the tree? if so please post it and maybe someone can tell you exactly what it is.

o

I think it may be a type of a fig. Pls show a pict of the whole tree/bush. I would like a cutting.

Danny K
Marshall Tx

o

This is photo of the whole tree. Thanks so much for all of the info. I'll also post on the other forum suggested.

o

I don't think it is. If it is, it must be something other than the common fig varieties that we know.

Good luck
Danny K
Marshall Tx

o

That looks a whole lot like a silver maple...nuisance tree around here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here