Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kubota1_gw

Col de Dame Blanc

kubota1
9 years ago

It sure lived to all the hype. I thought it kind of tasted like a peach and a nectarine.

Comments (14)

• kubota1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A nice closed eye.

• newnandawg
    9 years ago

Art, looks like another very nice one. Thanks for the pics

• rafed
    9 years ago

Looks good, Art

If you have photobucket. Upload your pictures there. Block on each picture you want to load here one at a time by left clicking the box for HTML. It will turn yellow for a moment and say copy.
    Come back here and right click the message box and paste it.
    Just hit return and continue the process till you have posted all the pictures you want.
    You will see a bunch of letters and numbers but don't worry.
    You will see the pictures when you hit preview.

Hope this helps.

• rafed
    9 years ago

Click on each picture you want to load*
    Not BLOCK. Ohh auto correct. Where would we be without it?

• kubota1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Rafed. I'm going to have to download photobucket.

• rafed
    9 years ago

Let me know if you need help

• mgginva
    9 years ago

That is not the "classic look" of a Col de Dame fig but as mine look like that also this year I guess there is nothing to worry about. It looks good. Mine are very tasty this year.Nice job!

• quackmaster
    9 years ago

Another nice one! My cddb was just put in ground a few weeks ago and is growing like crazy, I've been breaking off all the figs because I know they don't have enough time to ripen. Very much looking forward to this one along with cddn and cddg!

• blueboy1977
    9 years ago

Yup! Maybe next year for me. I just finalized a trade for CDDB. Got the Noir and Gris will be here shortly. Whats having one with out the other two? Can anyone answer as to how productive the CDD sisters are? I know the quality is there but how about the production? Not that its going to keep me from keeping them even if they dont produce alot. I will take quality over quantity any day.

• coop951
    9 years ago

Hi Guys
    I got a cutting from UCD this year and it rooted and has grown nicely, about a foot tall now. I plucked the 2 tiny figs that came out and doesnt look too bad as far as FMV goes, but it definately has it. Hoping next year it will continue to grow well.
    Art, yours look amazing
    Coop

• piranha338
    8 years ago

Hi there everybody - I have been trying to get a CDDB cutting for some years now and have been unsuccessful thus far. Might any of you be willing to send a cutting my way? I'd be happy to send you a list of my figs (or other trees) that I can send in exchange.

Thanks so much and I hope to hear back!

Brian

• quackmaster
    8 years ago

Where do u live brian?

• piranha338
    8 years ago

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Would I be jumping the gun to assume you have some cuttings to share, quackmaster? Also, thanks for the lightning fast response!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz