Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Lousy Fig Video

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 20:48

Hi there,
look this is my very first video and dont ask me how i figured it out im still trying to figure how i actually figured it out !
I used my small camera i use always to take pictures to post and it has a video button on it too so i used it to see what happens and experimented , now i put on you tube.

Listen you gonna twist your neck as you watch video cause im just learning and maybe i get better and maybe not, and probably laugh at the way i talk but thats how i talk see.

Sorry for the sideways shots of plants i tried so go ahead have fun as you watch a sampling of a few of my first season fig plants.
Please dont expect much its not much at all thats it. This link better work.

Wife just came in and she watched oh gosh she goes , "have you listened to your video how entertaining are you ?" Then she was of course laughing when the camera went sideways when showing the plants.
Hey i tried you know.

Ebay ID - Dieseler6z92
Registered 1996

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNMJ0UVgK6Q

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Lousy Fig Video

Martin, I think you did a great job! A video is worth a million words on screen! I may do the same next year. Keep videoing and pretty soon you will be an expert! cheers, Dennis

o

• Posted by ejp3 7NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 23:20

Great job! I am amazed that most of the figs featured had the same leaf pattern. Did you notice that or is it just me?

o

• Posted by noss 9 Lafayette, LA (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 23:50

Hey Martin!

I enjoyed your video debut a lot and loved hearing your Yankee accent. Gives me a dose of "Up Home" talk I need every so often to keep from getting homesick. I hope you will make more videos and maybe one with you singing to your fig trees. That would be great.

noss

o

Keep up the good work.

Dan

o

Martin,
I am humbled. I still don't know how to use the digital camera nor how to post. Congratulations!
Loved the south Chicago accent. I grew up in a western suburb, Lombard.
Cath

o

Good show, Martin, looking forward to seeing more like it.

Mary

o

Thanks for the comments.
EJP i did notice the similar leaf pattern in several of them.
None have produced figs that would have ripened , perhaps next season.
Martin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here