Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chicago Hardy Fig for sale at Lowes

Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 21:18

I saw Chicago Hardy fig for sale at Lowes for $10.95, nice size with fruits on it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chicago Hardy Fig for sale at Lowes

Must be nice! I've called every store and gardening center within a fifty mile radius and no on has any. My fault for waiting so late though.

o

Sorry to hear that. I am in PA and there were 3 plants on the shelf at a Lowes store near me this past Sunday.

o

Starrling,
Contact me in the fall. I have a great HC I got in 2006 and would be happy to give you cuttings for postage.
best,
mgg

o

That would be great, mgginva! If there is anything on my trade list that you would like, I'll send that as well!

EDIT:

I decided to drop into Lowes anyway and found an entire cart with Hardy Chicago figs on them. They were $8.95 or so, so I bought two. Thanks for the heads up, Kousa!

This post was edited by Starrling on Wed, Sep 3, 14 at 18:27

o

Wow, that is great price. I would have snapped up two pots too if my area Lowes sells at that price. Are you going to leave yours in pots until spring? I am planning to transfer mine to a bigger pot and winter it in the garage. There are about 12 fruits on my fig plant which I intend to have them ripen so I can try the fruits this year.

o

mgginva- I'd love to get some Hardy Chicago cuttings from you come fall if possible. More than happy to compensate for postage and/or trade varieties. Thanks, Jesse

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here