Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
genecolin

A pleasant surprise

genecolin
13 years ago

This afternoon as I was waiting for Linda to join me outside so we could drive over to the daughter for a visit, I started checking out some of my trees. As I passed my Martins UK something caught my eye. At first I just knew it was a leaf that has turned color but upon a closer look, this is what I saw under the leaf.

Boy was I surprised Because I was figuring my season was over. I reached and felt it and it gave a little. I took a couple more pictures and then covered it up from my feathered enemies and maybe a furry one. Hopefully they leave it alone to completely ripen. Now the thing is it will not be able to do the hangman act because it has no neck or stem.

I guess I just have to go by feel. It has a large eye but it doesn't look like it goes into a cavity in the fig but rather that the eye is blocked. I surely hope so. Here is another shot with a quarter to show the size of this big boy.

By the way I got the cuttings for this tree and a couple or others like it from Steve Miller, Thanks a lot Steve. I hope you've enjoy the pictures as much as I've enjoyed finding the fig. Keeping my fingers crossed.

"gene"

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County