Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Figs

Posted by foolishpleasure 7B (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 0:59

I have two trees which according to the nursery they are Brown Turkey and Celeste although they don't look like my other Brown Turkey and Celeste. During summer the figs on these two trees never ripened and fell down. I gave up on them but comes the fall they produced plenty of figs which is larger than my normal figs and and very sweet and moist. I was thinking these are breba but I am talking about 100 figs. Breba are usually few. Today is October 30 and we had snow from Hurricane sandy and I collected dozen large ripened figs. I am not complaining just surprised.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Figs

Hi, foolishpleasure

I laughed when I saw the sentence:
``During summer the figs on these two trees never ripened and fell down. I gave up on them but comes the fall they produced plenty of figs which is larger than my normal figs and and very sweet and moist.``

What a pleasant surprise! I wish I could have that much
of a harvest minus the falling off of figs.
My fig tree is too small to give me that many figs.
How tall are your trees?

Enjoy your surprised figs!

fignewbies

o

Hi Fignewcies

The productive fig trees are about 7 feet tall I am 6'2" but when I spread my arm I can reach the top. I was going to cut these two trees but my woman told me don't they look green and beautiful I am glad she had better vision than me.

o

• Posted by kngskid Georgia zone 7b (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 12:29

"but my woman told me"
LOVE THAT! :)

o

lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here