o
RE: whats wrong with my brown turkey fig leafs

anyone?

o

Did you over-fertilize?
Did you under-water?
Did you over-expose to the sun?

It does not look like regular (moisture) leaf 'rust' to me...

o

Did you spray anything on the leaves?

o

i just moved it out of its original store container and put it in to a big planter. water it once every 3-4 days . weather around here is mostly in 65-70 F now im in zone 6, New York City. no fertilizer added. now most leafs are yellow and falling off.

o

It's hard to say exactly what's going on with those damaged leaves, but the rest of the tree looks healthy. If the damage wasn't from insects, then it was cultural neglect.

Living in Zone-7/NYC ....will send your tree into dormancy within the next month. Next year, if all goes well, you'll have a fresh crop of pristine leaves. Don't worry too much. It happens. But think about what gorgi listed. My quick guess: that tree dried out before you re-planted it into the larger pot. It hardly matters now.

Please protect that tree through the freezing months Jan-Feb. Try to keep the tree outside, in full sun for as long as possible while roots reestablish themselves into the new surrounding potting mix. Roots will still grow into the Fall season. Yes, no fertilizers now. Water the tree a few times throughout the Winter to keep the soil moist, not soaking wet, if you are storing it in an unheated garage. Let snow do its job if the tree will be left outside.

Good luck.

Frank

o

I think it is some type of fungal infection. Notice the small black spots on the leaf stem and veins.

Infected leaves should be removed and discarded immediately. All leaves should be discarded after they drop as well to reduce the amount of spores in the growing area next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here